- Teachers will be exposed to mixed media with various materials used in forming work on theme of Landscapes. Alternative compositions and perspectives will be applied to work which could be relief/3D. Work by artists such as Brandi Strickland and Gregory Euclide will be referred.
Fri 15 March 2013 (2.30pm to 5.30pm)
Introduction to Paper Sculpture
- Teachers will be introduced to Paper Sculpture forming semi-3D sculptural work by using various types of fancy paper. Contextual reference would be made to work by Helen Musslewhite and Jeff Nishinaka. Exploration of Depth in work would be effected using layering techniques.
Mon 18 March 2013 (10am to 1pm)
‘Pop’ Art Made Easy
- Teachers will be exposed to the contextual background, style and characteristics of Pop Art with introduction of work by Tom Wesselmann, Peter Clarke, Kat Leuzinger and Justin Lee. They will experience making of Pop Art with use of ‘made-easy’ materials such as various types of fancy paper, stickers and cut-outs in Collage form.
Tues 19 March 2013 (10am to 1pm)
Abstract 3D Work
- Teachers will be exposed to 3D abstract work with reference to work by Frank Stella and Robert Goodman. They will experiment with form, pattern and texture using various recycled materials in creating sculptural structures of abstract forms.
Weds 20 March 2013 (10am to 1pm)
Botanical Workshop in making Terrariums
- Teachers will be exposed to this botanical workshop in making Terrariums. They will learn of the historical background, context and making of this mini-ecosystem in glass containers. With introduction of its technical know-how and various types/designs of Terrariums, teachers will create their own with provision of necessary equipment, tools, raw materials and wide selection of plants. They will also be informed of know-how in taking care and sustaining the Terrariums.
Thurs 21 March 2013 (10am to 1pm)
Venue for all classesComposite Art & Design (Studio)
For enquiries of our workshops,please contact Lau Sheow Tong:
HP: 9793 5566 Tel/Fax: 6747 1943
Business registration: 53064397M